Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 10:22:17 -0400
From:      jferg <jferg@2boot.com>
To:        Johan Rydberg <johan.rydberg@netinsight.se>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Maximum storage volume on NetBSD / FreeBSD!

--------------C94E5ECD6F7381E24BB00FFE

Johan Rydberg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We're using a computer running NetBSD as our NFS server,
> and we have very  big problems with it being stable.
>
> We're using a RAID system with 80GB. Is there a known
> maximum storage volume for FreeBSD or NetBSD ???
>
> --
> Johan Rydberg           Software System Designer
> Net Insight AB          johan.rydberg@netinsight.net
> Ingenjörsvägen 3       http://www.netinsight.net
> SE-117 43 STOCKHOLM     phone:+46-8-685 04 16
> Sweden                  fax:  +46-8-449 22 40
>                         mob: +46-704-53 57 21

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-small" in the body of the message

I have a related question
What is the largest single file that can be handled under -current?  For
example, in Linux the largest volume limit (I forget the number) can
handle these mammoth IDE drives now available, but the largest file is
3GBytes (unless you patch the kernel)

--
Joe Ferguson, ApeX Systems Integration Corp.
Voice:  919.468.8150

--------------C94E5ECD6F7381E24BB00FFE

begin:vcard
n:Ferguson;Joe