Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:10:31 +0000
From:      David Goodnature <goodnaturenet@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot get Script to Run Via Crontab

I have a perl script that I can execute from the command line as root.  It =
runs fine.
When I try to automate it using the root crontab, the script fails.

The lines from my script that are causing the problem are:

   my $scomd =3D "/usr/local/bin/ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=3D/prepress -dProcess=
ColorModel=3D/DeviceGray -dAutoRotatePages=3D/PageByPage -dDownsampleMonoIm=
ages=3Dtrue -dMonoImageDownsampleType=3D/Average -dMonoImageDownsampleThres=
hold=3D1.5 -dMonoImageResolution=3D600 ".$inpath.$cur_ps_files[0]." ".$outp=
ath.$pdffilename;

   ### create the new .pdf file from the .ps file
   system($scomd) =3D=3D 0 or return "system $scomd failed: $?";

The cron message to mail/root ends with:

   exec: ps2pdf12: not found

I am assuming that cron cannot find a path or a config file for ghostscript=
, but I don't have any idea how to fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=3DTXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_122007=