Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:29:24 -0500
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports list <ports@freebsd.org>, dwcjr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/33777: samba WITH_CUPS pulls in cups meta-port, not    cups-base

On Friday 11 January 2002 02:10, you wrote:
> I think this is a mistake.  Samba needs the CUPS printing binaries to
> do printing.  When you configure Samba for CUPS printing, it
> automatically sets the printing variables to point to the CUPS lp

I think you are right.  Although, that being the case, WTF is it linking
against libcups?

Well, I guess my change needs to be backed out pending investigation of how
and why this samba + cups printing works.

Damn. (Problem is, anything that can pull in cups-lpr gets somebody ticked
off 'cause it messes up their printing. Oh well...)

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff PmpMpmMpp ppfppp MpfpffmppmppMmpFmmMpm