Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 1995 14:33:56 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com ("Rodney W. Grimes")
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bind 4.9.3 beta 17

> Looks like we are at 4.9.3 BETA9 to me...

Yes, however I've wanted to wait for 4.9 release to do the next BIND
integration.  I think the path I chose for 4.9.3-beta9 integration was a
mistake.  I spent a lot of time and effort breaking up the BIND distribution
to be berkeley like, when all I succeeded in doing was making it more
difficult to track.

With 4.9.3-release, I was thinking of keeping the -entire- release (except for
the libc stuff) under named with the subdirectory structure exactly matching
the distribution.  That way it is much easier to track future releases of
BIND.

Paul