Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:18:50 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB video devices supported / Video surveillance?

Hello all...

I was just recruited by a friend to help build an Internet based video
surveillance system, I recommend FreeBSD to him for the project. I
checked the 5.4 hardware notes but didn't see anything about USB video
capture devices, I only see the PCI based bktr devices... So are they
supported?

It would also be very helpful if you could point me in the right
direction for software, how-to's, etc. for doing this project. I think
one of the major stumbling blocks will be setting the system to
trigger via a motion sensor.

Thanks.