Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:19:04 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>, "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is simplicity despised? WAS: What do we need in a FreeBSD desktop?

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:47, John Bleichert wrote:
> Nobody will ever convince me there's a better wm-agnostic editor than
> nedit for a new user.

I have heard good reports about nedit from people using many platforms.
(memo to self:  MUST try nedit)

> Also, does anybody really want the FreeBSD installer changed? Maybe the
> addition of an 'instant-workstation' install would be ok, but in my IMHO
> /stand/sysinstall is the best installer out there.

No. you miss the point here.  Instant Workstation is an option in
/stand/sysinstall.  What we are arguing about is the default editor in that
install.  At the moment it is EDITOR=vi.  I think something simpler is called
for.

--
Regards,
Brian