Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 22:55:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Doc Project <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Has the copyright dust settled?

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> Maybe I missed it, but what was the final outcome of the copyright
> 'war' (for lack of a better word..) ?

I've been reading a bit on copyright and looking through various license
statements.  Since the standard BSD-style license is really geared toward
programs, I think we should cook up a standard document license.  Each
author would be the copyright holder of their contributions to the
handbook, accompanied with the licence permitting the standard BSD
license activities (copy, modify, distribute, etc).

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============