Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 02:29:38 -0500
From:      "Yeasah Pell" <yeasah@apocalypse.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Saving a partially rotten IBM DTLA-307030 Harddisk

I returned a drive, it took a couple weeks to get it back, and the
replacement had a "used part" sticker on it. It failed within a month.
I foolishly returned the drive again, this time including a plea to
replace the drive with another model that doesn't fail, but I just got
the same thing back again, 2 weeks later. Now it rots in a drawer.

I'd say I know lots of other people who have had these drives
fail in the same manner, but that would be pretty redundant at
this point.

I wonder if the Hitachi thing will change anything about the
(pretty bad, IMO) way these problems are being handled?