Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:33:22 -0600
From:      "Peter W. Schmiedeskamp" <peter@spirit.lib.umt.edu>
To:        Joseph Maxwell <jaymax@sac.verio.net>, Free BSD_Users <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation from ATAPI CDROM

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 09:24 am, Joseph Maxwell wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone have any instruction or advice on how to do a clean
> installation of FreeBSD from an ATAPI CDROM?
> Thanks in advance.
> --  Joe  --

Check out the handbook entry.  I commend you in your choice to install from
CD, as it is by far the easiest way (though the others are also easy).

The handbook installation guide has recently been redone to include
comprehensive instruction and screenshots!

Good luck.

-Peter

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html