Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:15:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Yuan Tuo <yuantuo@263.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re: How to do IP accouting?

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Yuan Tuo wrote:

> Thank you !
> But I don't know how to do. Could you tell me something?

I have a machine connected behind the main router. this machine
has serveral network boards.

I count the packet with the count function of ipfw with a
set of rules base on the network board and/org subnet.

then I dump the rules every hours and process them with a c program
to produce a log.

I get the log at the end of this month.

form this log I can extract hour by hour the packets / bytes transfered
(the averall traffic, web, ftp)

a few utilities I wrote extract the data by client and for the month.

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net