Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:57:55 -0500
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpav@som.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please help. I really need Samba Print Server

I'm running -current from mid January. I have Samba3.0a20 Here's my
smb.conf

[global]
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   nt acl support = no
   server string = FreeBSD
   load printers = yes
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   printing = bsd
   log file = /var/log/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = share
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   dns proxy = no
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   public = yes
   print command = lpr -s -P mnta %s ; rm %s
#   guest ok = yes
   writeable = yes
   printable = yes
   browseable = no
#   use client driver = yes

Most of it is just the default conf. I've tried it with the currently
commented lines in and out. I can see the printer in the network
neighborhood and set it up on Windows 2000 pcs by clicking on it and
following the windows instructions. When I try to print anything, I get
no complaint, but nothing ever prints out.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have people breathing down
my neck.

Thanks.

Greg