Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:02:55 +0200
From:      Benoit Panizzon <benoit.panizzon@imp.ch>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD iSCSI mapping all LUN to LUN 0

--nextPart1879195.HvZg0fXr1g

Hi all

We run FreeBSD 5.4-Stable and have troubles with the iSCSI Implementation=20
(from May 2005), wich is not yet part of the official Kernel as I was told.

It looks like all LUN get Mapped to LUN 0 so that if you have several logic=
al=20
disks and try to mount them, all mounts get redirecting to the Disk with LU=
N=20
0 causing severe data corruption (and FreeBSD to crash after a while).

The funny thing is, that you can also access non existent LUN's (as they to=
o=20
are mapped to LUN 0)

I was not able to find any FreeBSD iSCSI Project Website where I could find=
=20
additional information or check out for newer releases or fixes.

Linux with Open-iSCSI and Kernel >=3D 2.6.12 has no problem at all detectin=
g and=20
accessing the right LUN's.

Regards
=2D-=20
Beno=EEt Panizzon, <bp@imp.ch>
=2D-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP                   Phone:   +41 61 826 93 00
			     Kabelinternet-Hotline:   +41 61 826 93 07
Zurlindenstrasse 29                            Fax:   +41 61 826 93 01
CH-4133 Pratteln                               Net:   http://www.imp.ch/

--nextPart1879195.HvZg0fXr1g

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBC8efSCVq2G/yL7/ARAiubAJ9uz1ReamyjCYqb2juTEgGgrt/V4QCfRWzv
ccbQ4HWnrJx29DvWaCt6yLo=
=+j4x
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--nextPart1879195.HvZg0fXr1g--