Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:11:03 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN troubles: it now works

As Wilko Bulte wrote:

> (stupid question: will this whole ISDN/ppp thing be really
> integrated into -current one time? So that it ends up on a release
> cd sometime? As noted, I'm not an expert on this stuff so I don't
> feel qualified to do it myself)

BISDN has currently legal problems that prevent it from releasing
anything more recent than 0.97.  That's why you gotta bother with a
one-year old package that doesn't fit quite into FreeBSD-current.
Once the legally questionable files are rewritten (which is driven by
a large overhaul of the lower layers anyway, most work done by
Hellmuth Michaelis), we can think about integrating it into the
FreeBSD tree.

The PPP stuff also needs quite some work.  It seems we decided inside
the BISDN developers list that it would be useful to maintain two
different versions of PPP, both targeted to different people.

--
cheers, J"org