Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2015 11:15:08 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel i915 support for RC6

It appears that at least HEAD now has support for RC6 on Intel i915 GPUs.
but I have seen a couple of messages about setting drm.i915.enable_rc6 to
'7'. Why '7'? I can only find references in Linux-land to setting it to '1'
to enable or '0' to disable.

Is '7' reasonable and, if so, what do the other two bits do? I have found
very little information about it other than that it can have nasty failure
modes on some Sandy Bridge systems and that it should be safe on all Ivy
Bridge systems.

Thanks for any information or references.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com