Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 19:14:16 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Holger Lamm <holger@eit.uni-kl.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux mode on Alpha

Hi,

I just wonder about Linux emu on Alpha. The ports tree
(/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base) tries to install linux-alpha, but I have
found no kernel that supports Linux mode.

Where is the point I missed? Do the ports anticipate kernel abilities?

The background behind this is that I try to get the Compaq compiler
running (http://www.unix.digital.com/linux/compaq_c/).
Maybe someone can tell me more about making it work on FreeBSD?

Holger

--
    /"\
    \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Say NO to HTML in email and news