Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:36:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R.Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Scott Donovan <scott@tassie.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seagate Backup Exec for Linux?

 >> Has anyone gotten the "Seagate Backup Exec Agent" for Linux working on
 >> a -stable system? We are curently trying to get this to run, and it

 Scott> Yep We have it working on of all things 3.2-Release, doesn't
 Scott> seem to behave on 3.3-Release though. Unfortunantely we didn;t
 Scott> do anything amazing, just hacked the install script to think
 Scott> it was linux, branded the binary as a Linux Binary and off it
 Scott> went. (Version 7.3 BTW)

 Scott> Perhaps something changed between 3.2-release and 3.2-stable
 Scott> in the emulation ?

Well, I just looked thru my log file, and saw:

Nov 22 13:58:14 jabberwock last message repeated 51 times
Nov 22 13:58:15 jabberwock /kernel: linux: syscall ustat is obsoleted
                or not implemented (pid=35198)

Does anyone know whether the emulation of ustat was removed form the
linux compatibility code?

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah, viren @ rstcorp . com, http://www.rstcorp.com/~vshah/
If you understand what you're doing, you are not learning anything