Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:41:42 -0700
From:      "Jason Wilcox" <phat@eoni.com>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Anti-BSD FUD

----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To: "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>; <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 7:31 AM

> Strange thing... I wanted to make sure to know what exactly "fud" means,
so
> I checked Merriam-Webster's online dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/).
>
> According to the dictionary, "fud" is synonymous with "fuddy-duddy", which
> is a (circa) 1904 word meaning "one that is old-fashioned, unimaginative,
> or conservative."
>
> But I don't think that's what you had in mind.
>
> Anyway, I always thought fud was a linuxy slang word for twisting
> propaganda. If my understanding of the word is correct, then I would not
> say the article is fud.

I just thought I would point out that FUD is a word that is used outside of
the computer community also, I remember it being used more than once by Bad
Religion in some of their songs, and I believe Propagandhi does also.

Jason Wilcox    phat@eoni.com

They say before you die your life
flashes before your eyes; make it
worth watching.