Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 09:16:01 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@iagi.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl(3) in kernel modules.

Salut,

In the message Re: sysctl(3) in kernel modules.,
"Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@iagi.net> wrote :

>So far, we've been patching the snake saver (at the office) to say
>"Internet Access Group, Inc." instead of "FreeBSD 2.1".  It would be nice
>if a "-string whatever" flag was added so the patch wouldn't be
>necessary.  So as not to duplicate (or step on) your efforts, perhaps you
>should throw it in while you're working on it?

The modload program should receive the string as an option, and write
it to the module by filling an area in the data segment of the kernel
module.

By the way, I really don't know how to do such a thing.

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France