Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 19:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      media@mail1.nai.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: possible bug in 3.1 STABLE

At 1:44 PM -0700 5/12/99, Doug White wrote:
>On Mon, 10 May 1999 media@mail1.nai.net wrote:
>
>> I'm a newbie, and I apologize if this message is inappropriate for this
>>forum.
>>
>> Following the advice of the this list, I installed
>> 3.1-STABLE-1990503 in place of 3.1-RELEASE.  I installed everything over
>> again from scratch.  When I installed 3.1R, I didn't try to install the src
>> and xf86333 distributions.  This time I tried, but it didn't work.
>
>Hm...  Did you try the fix from the 3.1 ERRATA?

Which fix??  I've read the Errata -- it didn't make any mention of this, or
a broken pipe error.  I am re-running /stand/install after rebooting
several times.  Perhaps I've read the wrong documents, where can I find the
specific Errata in question??

I'm referring to the Errata at www.freebsd.org/releases/3.1R/errata.html
and at releng3.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/3.1-STABLE-1990503.