Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:58:22 -0800
From:      "Henry Su" <henrysu@nttmcl.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   socket call in the kernel

I am trying to modify ip_fw.c in the /usr/src/sys/netinet, I tried to add a
socket call in the code, it can be compiled, but when it runs into the code,
it just crashed. It gave me the "Fatal trap error 12", Memory address is
wrong.

Can any one tell me if socket call can be used in kernel level? If not, how
can I accomplish socket communication in the kernel level?

Thanks.

Henry Su

NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories, Inc.

250 Cambridge Avenue Suite 300

Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA (PST:UTC -8H)

Tel: +1 650 833 3652

Fax: +1 650 326 1878