Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:10:39 -0500
From:      "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>
To:        Christopher Johnston <jester@optonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Openssh errors..

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--
Best Regards,
Corey

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:25:28 -0500
From: "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>
To: Christopher Johnston <jester@optonline.net>
Cc: freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

I have the same problem on my end, you are not alone.  I did a fresh
cvsup and buildworld last week and ssh has been displaying this behavior
since.  On the client side it hangs when trying to connect to a remote
server about 30% of the time.  It's totally random behavior.

Sep 17 18:57:01 blood sshd[54587]: fatal: Timeout before authentication
for 64.7.13.61.

Thanks,
Corey

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 12:51:03PM -0400, Christopher Johnston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I am getting alot of errors from OpenSSH on a fresh install of 4.1 stable branch.  I have freshly made keys, freshly installed rsaref port.  The process even kicks off and runs in the background..  However, whenever a user tries to login to the boxen.. these errors seem to propagate. Any ideas on this? I would like to get OpenSSH running by all means.. However I am aware we can still run the ssh1 and ssh2 from the ports collection.. if it comes down to it.. are there any procedures that need to be followed to place them in order?
>
> Sep 23 18:11:49 evol sshd[4211]: fatal: Timeout before authentication for 10.0.0.50.
>
> Christopher Johnston
> Unix System Administrator
> Salomon Smith Barney
> New York, NY