Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:55:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Daniel <john@cell-works.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        paksao@home.com
Subject:   howdy

This message is basically a check in with my peers. And to check to see
has anyone had any experiencewith the following

Misterhouse

freebsd gateways on comcast @home I think I remember reading that some
one on the list had found a site that talked you through it.

does anyone remmber the site that was going to be a cookbook for setting
up freebsd for different purposes. I ran a cross it afew months ago when
it had nothing on it and I was wondering if it had some thing going on
now.

anyone in maryland,USA ?

anyone know a good source for cheap pc's in maryland?  i need a new box (
aka "new" used box)so  i can set up a hack system.  Most of the stuff I
see is overpriced.

remember the movie the matrix anyone hear what programs they used to make
it , I heard the OS was freebsd. but what else ports software commercial
stuff. Did some digital capture into win98/adobe premiere what a CF. This
driver that motherboard,that capture card that, dll and knowbody(aka all
the tech support people and  venders who are supposed to "know" what
they're doing) seems to be able to make it work.

So much to do got a Nt box that crashed today I have to have a technician
in to fix it ($125 /hr) not that I could fix it if it was freebsd but all
in all freebsd is easier to deal with for me. Comments?

any one got 3.3.3 yet?

anyone find a good scripting site ( perl, cgi)?

Show of  hands gui or shell prompt?

thanks in advance

"I hope that after I die, people will say of me : " That guy sure owed me
a lot of money."

-JH