Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:55:52 -0400
From:      Douglas Setzer <DSetzer@yorkcity.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, bahman.sg@goteborg.mail.telia.com
Subject:   Re:

It is your cd-rom drive- I've seen the problem before.  If you replace your cd-drive, it will work fine.

-Douglas Setzer, II
 Webmaster, City of York
 http://www.yorkcity.org

>>> "Bahman" <bahman.sg@goteborg.mail.telia.com> 08/20/98 05:28AM >>>
I have a computer with an AMD K6-2 300mhz processor, a Epox 100mhz
motherboard, a Soundblaster 16 soundcard, a Fujitsu UDMA harddrive, a 10x
IDE
cd-rom drive and Win98. My problem is that when I play a music CD it uses a
lot more CPU power than it should. Every second it jumps from 3% to 70-80%.
This makes other software stop and ít is impossible to do anything while
using the CD-player. I have tried several different CD-players and software
including Win98s CDplayer. I have tested this on Intel based computers with
Win98 and Win95 and none of them had this problem. I've also tested it with
the soundcard disabled. I would like to know if you have any suggestions
other than changing my processor and motherboard to Intel.