Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:27:59 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: OOo question.....

On Saturday 16 January 2010, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	this may be offtopic but it does deal with our OO.org port.
> 	a friend sent me a very nice "slideshow" in powerpoint format.  I've
> 	saved it (and the original) somewhere in the evolution directory so
> all the photos are safe.  first question is: can I save an individial
> image using Openoffice?

Select the slide then right click on the image and select "Save as
Picture" near the bottom of the menu. If you're lucky this will work -
I've tried this with 3 different MS Powerpoint files and it worked fine
with two of them but didn't even give me the "Save as Picture" option
with the other one :-(

> 	Second q is howto use them for my desktop backgrounds in KDE since,
> 	upon rebuild and relaunch, everything is black.   the first question
> is howto save a separate image?  or are there other tools to do this?
> [neither xv nor gv work]

Right click on a blank piece of the KDE desktop and select "Configure
Desktop". This should open with the "Change the background settings"
icon highlighted. In the "Background" section click the "Picture" radio
button and click the folder icon on the right to browse to your
selected image.

--
Mike Clarke