Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 17:27:28 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca, grog@lemis.de, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

--------

> You must be using the wrong type of keyboard.  :-)
>
> The One True Location Of The Control Key Shall Be Fou nd To The
> Immediate Left Of The A Key.
>
> And If It Is Not There Already, Ye Shall Modmap Or Kb dcontrol It
> Such That It Is.

 ARRRGHHHH... this comming from somone that uses unix on PC keyboards....

 You foul miscreant, you purporter of heathen ideology,
 read the sacred writings on the wall and repent!

|---- The Wall ----

|The ctrl key belongs in the bottom left corner .. next to alt and
|under shift!
|
|Just like the Esc belongs in the top left and tilde under it and
|backspace on the right hand side of the '=/+' key!

|-- End of The Wall --

 But this is what i do in any case, as the caps lock is rather useless
 on a unix system:

 xmodmap -e "remove lock = Caps_Lock"
 xmodmap -e "add control = Caps_Lock"

 Problem solved.. no matter where you 'expect it to be.

 However a real question:

  Has anyone used those mouse pad thingys ( the one that you use your
  finger on ) with X? I was wondering if it is useful.

  -branson

 PS> The worst keyboard I have yet to see is the HP version with the
 itty bitty enter key and the escape next to it?!?!

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?