Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:08:01 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fsck wrappers, revisited

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 24, 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > > The trouble is that some of the FS strings have spaces in their filenames.
> > > This might confuse a few people.
> >
> > How about mapping spaces to '_' characters - I doubt it would cause any
> > namespace collisions.
>
> Yes, as bp mentioned to me before, so I'm thinking about passing the fsname
> through a tolower() and a s/ /_/g before using it as a filename.
>
> Any problems with this?

This shouldn't be necessary.  All fstypenames for currently supported
filesystems are in lower case with no underscores, and new ones should
follow this convention.  Spaces in the names would probably break
/etc/fstab.

Fstypenames for currently supported filesystems as found by grepping for
VFS_SET in /sys:
cd9660 coda devfs ext2fs fdesc hpfs kernfs linprocfs mfs msdos nfs ntfs
ntfs nullfs nwfs portal procfs ufs umap union

Bruce