Date:      Fri, 25 Dec 1998 01:12:52 -0500
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:    CVS vs. /stand/sysinstall

Merry Christmas All :)

..Just a couple upgrade questions.

   I just started reading about the cvsup process.  In the
past I've alwyas done a fresh reload from CD or the
network.  What is the difference between using CVS to
upgrade to a newer version rather than the upgrade option
in /stand/sysinstall?  I"m guessing the later simply gives
you the binaries and CVS gives you the source to
compile..but I'd like to confirm this.  I've got about 350
megs left on my 3.0 RELEASE drive and doubt getting the
source is the way to go.

Thanks for the help!

Michael G.
ICQ #24517082

Live FreeBSD...Or Die!

PIC          X  10    VALUE "YES! COBOL"