Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:07:04 -1000 (GMT+10)
From:      Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmkind.lnk.telstra.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Telnet Problem

I am trying out FreeBSD 2.2.5 and have ran into the following Telnet
problem :

When trying to log into ANY remote LINUX system ( using the telnet
command ), I get the normal "Escape character is ^]" message followed by a
"Connection closed by foreign host" message.

This is a bit strange when you concider that I can log into the remote
LINUX system if I use rlogin command on the FreeBSD system or if I use a
different operating system ( ie. WIN95 with Telnet Program ).

Would love to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks & Regards, Brendan Kosowski