Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Richard Storey <storey.r@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Info sources

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Richard Storey wrote:

> hi
>
> a few days ago i installed FBSD 2.2.8 on an old box just to learn unix--fbsd
> seemed like the best choice.  I have a book, Unix Unleashed (SAMS, 3 ed.)
> but i often find that things in fbsd aren't exactly like the way they are in
> the book, i.e., the book speaks a lot to sys v, aix, linux, irix, but not
> fbsd.

	The complete freebsd is definitely a good book which you should
pick up if you get serious about using freebsd. However that Unix
unleashed book is also quite good, and provides a lot of interesting
history of the system, telling you WHY things are, not just how they work.
The knowledge you gain by trying to reproduce the examples in the book on
your freebsd system will give you a much richer learning experience in the
process.

Good luck,

Doug
--