Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:04:59 -0400
From:      "Alan B. Clegg" <alan-dated-1029769501.cdcf74@clegg.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   SNMP statistics from bridged interfaces.. (wireless roaming)

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

I have just created a bridged network to allow two FreeBSD boxes to act
as wireless access points in such a way that clients can roam between
them, keeping IP address and sessions intact.  All of that works like a
charm, but now I have a different problem...

I initially had each wireless interface on it's own subnet, and as such
was able to pull SNMP statistics to show the amount of traffic on the
wireless branches, on the backbone, etc.. now, however, with the bridge=20
up and running, SNMP nolonger sees the wireless / wired interfaces, only
the primary interface creates statistics, and, thusly, I only see the
overall traffic on the backbone.

I've looked at the archives of -net, but I don't see anything that addresses
this. =20

Does anyone know how/if I can pull out per-interface statistics on bridged
interfaces?

BTW, I'm using the netgraph bridging method.

Thanks,
AlanC
--=20
               | Alan Clegg | Networks | Security | UNIX | 802.11 |=20
   "you just have to be smarter than what you're working on." - Scott Lauren

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--