Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2018 23:05:31 -0600
From:      Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: virtualbox-ose-nox11 compile fails on newly upgraded 11.2

> On Aug 1, 2018, at 5:10 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 8:01 AM, Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca> wrote:
>> virtualbox-ose-nox11 fails to compile from ports on newly upgraded 11.2. I=
'm
>> attempting to install from the ports collection because installing the
>> binary pkg (or possibly the kmod only) is causing the system to crash dur=
ing
>> boot (I assume the same issue that is described in the 11.2 errata, causi=
ng
>> me to uninstall virtualbox before upgrading from 11.1).

<snip>

> There is no need to build or install virtualbox-ose. Installing the packag=
e version is fine.
>=20
> You do need to rebuild virtualbox-ose-kmod to prevent a crash at boot time=
. To do this you will need the current port.
>=20
> Be sure that version matches virtualbox-ose. If the versions do not match,=
 install the virtualbox-ose package from head instead of quarterly and usr t=
he port from HEAD. The current version is 5.2.16, but older versions (e.g. 5=
.2.14) should work. Ignore the portrevision, the digit after the '_', if pre=
sent.
>=20
> You must have a full set of kernel sources in /usr/src.  The kernel module=
 must have the kernel sources to build correctly.
>=20
> Use "kldload vboxdrv vboxnetflt vboxnetadp" and re-enable loading of the d=
river at boot.
> --
> Kevin Oberman, Part time kid herder and retired Network Engineer
> E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com
> PGP Fingerprint: D03FB98AFA78E3B78C1694B318AB39EF1B055683
> =20

Thanks Kevin. Very clear.=20=