Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 05:50:40 +0000
From:      "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 on thinkpad A21p

wayne warbled,

> dochawk@psu.edu writes:

> Hmm.. I just did a make install in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4. xf86cfg
> has been dumped into /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86cfg

> Is it definitely not there? Maybe just not in your path?

It looks like this was a case of obsolete knowledge--I didn't
look for anything in x11, but only in x11-servers and x11-fonts.

I now have XFree86-4 building.  I hope it doesn't mind the
bits I already built, but it looks like it got a lot farther
with the fonts . . . I guess I'll know if I'm doing ok in
a while.

p.s.  HOw long should this take to compile on a p3/850  ?

thanks

hawk