Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:16:06 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        "note@note2email.com" <note@note2email.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI-X SATA Card + Server Recommendation

--lrvsYIebpInmECXG

On 2008-Oct-28 10:24:30 -0700, "note@note2email.com" <note@note2email.com> =
wrote:
>Sorry, but data loss is simply not acceptable.

So, you're happy to use SATA controllers with known data corruption
problems but the use of write caching (which may result in data loss
if there's a power loss) is "not acceptable".

>  When can we expect NCQ support for FreeBSD?

When someone implements it.  If it's a serious issue for you, either
implement it or offer to pay someone to implement it for you.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--lrvsYIebpInmECXG

--lrvsYIebpInmECXG--