Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:00:06 -0600
From:      lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FXTV Round Two

> > So do I infer correctly that you tried these settings and it's not finding
> > your "Fxtv" app-default file?  Where did you put your app-default file?
> > Did you call it Fxtv?
>
> You know, I've been wondering about this.  Fxtv is the only X app I have
> that consistently fails to load the app-defaults file.  All the other
> ones do.

After fiddling some more I've discovered that the app-defaults file is *not*
being read. At startup I get the compiled in defaults (it seems). If I manually
'xrdb /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fxtv' then I get the settings from the
file.

Other applications are loading their resources from the app-defaults directory
correctly.

--lyndon