Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:30:34 +0300
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
To:        Thomas Keusch <thomas@visionaire.ping.de>
Subject:   Re: qpopper 2.53 and stale lock files

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 01:47:27PM +0200, Thomas Keusch wrote:

The .thomas.pop is not only a lock file, but is also the file into which
mail is copied before being sent to a client. qpopper is compiled by
default to leave that file in place. This is so that it can serve as an
indicator for when mail was last collected by a client. It is normal and
nothing to worry about. If, for some reason, you want qpopper to remove
these files, then you have to edit some source code and then recompile it.

--
Anand