Date:      Sat, 26 May 2007 12:34:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz" <draco@obta.uw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems upgrading X

Hello

I followed the /usr/ports/UPDATING instructions and I ran into a problem
with it. Namely, everything goes fine as far as the portupgrade -Rf libXft
completes. However, the next step, portupgrade -a, fails, because the
xorg-libraries package is missing from the system. So I cannot proceed,
and I don't have a working X either (strictly speaking, it sorta works,
but doesn't display any texts for the fonts are apparently missing in the
place it is expecting them).

Also, hoping that everything will work well, I didn't do script
xorg-upgrade, as it was adviced in the UPDATING instructions. So
everything I have now is the uname -a + the list of packages installed. If
it is of any help, it is here:

http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/rep.txt.bz2

I am clueless, how to recover from this mess, I need some assistance, at
least, how to fix the font problem so that I could temporarily use the
(apparelntly still existing) xorg 6.9.

Gtx,
KMK