Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:49:46 +0700
From:      "Michael O. Boev" <mike@tric.tomsk.gov.ru>
To:        <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question on security/cyrus-sasl port (again :)

Greetings!

Forgive me my silly question, may be it's just a typo in pkg-install that
mesleads me.

Q:What's the purpose of adding user daemon to the group cyrus?

In any case, the error message in pkg-install says it

     can't add user ${USER} to group ${GROUP}

 (expanded, can't add user "cyrus" to group "cyrus"). The command it
executes is:

     ${PW} group mod ${USER} -m daemon

 As I understand, it adds the user daemon to group ${USER} (which is
"cyrus").

 This is also confusing, I would suggest then to add daemon to the group
 ${GROUP} (instead of ${USER}), if that makes sense at all.

PS: I've posted this question a couple weeks ago, but got no response. Sorry
for
doing this again.

Best wishes,
Mike Boev.