Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 22:23:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        Timothy.Butkiewicz@wmich.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security check

-=WireHead=- writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed 2.1.0 snap a couple of days ago and i have just run
> across a peculiar message.
>
> i logged into my system as my normal user and then switched over to
> another virtual terminal and logged in as that same user. On the screen i
> recieved a message
> 	Security Check: INTRUDER ALERT
>
> this prompted my immediate attention.

I'm sure it did!

/usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/fortunes:Security check: INTRUDER ALERT!

John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
IRBS Engineering                       High performance FreeBSD systems
(305) 792-9551                      Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions