Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:16:42 +0200
From:      Walter Spierings <Walter@holoprint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XDM allows no keybord-input ?

After re-installing FreeBSD 4.0 (because I had some library problems), I
add the line:

	DisplayManager._0.authName:	MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

to my xdm-config file. To allow X logins for users but root. This after
reading it in one of this e-mail (18 Apr. 2000). Now when I login as root
and than startx XDM there is no problem. But when I put XDM in the rc.local
file to start it automatically, (following the book, 3rd edition) it just
seems to ignore the keyboard, even Ctrl-Alt-F1..8 for a new non grafic
login is't possible. The system still works, NFS shares and Samba are still
hot, but my only choice is to remote login and reboot.

Hoping for an anwser. Zeo Smeijsters
Dutch Holographic Laboratory
Kanaaldijk Noord 61
5642 JA  Eindhoven