Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 16:57:24 -0500
From:      John Clark <jrclark@netview.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.0: ...

Oh boy, now I have done it.  I had FreeBSD v. 2.1, from Walnut Creek,
installed on my system.  I decided to upgrade to version 2.1-stable.  Unable
to use sup, I downloaded the entire 35 MB /usr/src tree.  I simply typed "cd
/usr/src" then "make world" -- beyond warnings, it seemed ok.  The compile
took 3 hours 15 minutes to complete!  Now when I login, I get the following
message:

ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.0: minor version 0 older than expected
1, using it anyway

What now?

John Clark
[jrclark@netview.net]