Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:25:10 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.co.za>
To:        Mike@perlguru.com (Mike)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

> Since installing 4.1-RELEASE from my local Australian mirror and trying to
> connect using SSH,
> I get this message at the console:-
>
> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: ** RSAPrivateDecrypt: Unable to find an
> RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). Install the
> /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this program again. See
> the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.
> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed
>
> I've read large volumes of man pages/forums/mailing lists and I still can't
> figure out what is going wrong. I tried installing the OpenSSH 2.1.1 port
> and that gives the same response.
>
> I also installed the crypto distribution using sysinstall and recompiled my
> kernel to no avail.
>
> Can anyone point me in a useful direction towards getting sshd functioning?

You have 2 options. If you have the crypto distribution with source, you
can go into /usr/src/secure/lib/librsaintl and build and install it. If
you don't want to build it, you can install the crypto distribution from
ftp.internat.freebsd.org, its crypto distibution was built with
USA_RESIDENT=NO and should give you librsaINTL* which is what is needed.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za