Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:43:36 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@tig.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.6

Ok I've tried a bunch of ideas so I eventually did the following command

myname# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/appz/www/apache-1.3.6/
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.6
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 + activated php3 module (modules/php3/libphp3.a)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 2.2.7 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o php3_module uses ConfigStart/End
ld: -lmysqlclient: no match
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.

It still insisting I need some kind of C compiler
 ANSI can someone help me find a resolution to the above problem.