Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:25:05 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        shibumi@cisco.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet Explorer and UNIX

At 12:46 PM 11/3/98 -0800, Kenton A. Hoover wrote:
>IE for UNIX is clearly targeted at the corporate, not the home user base.
Its
>to "check off the box" on corporate requirements.  Get IE in the door and NT
>will then push out UNIX, right?

I'd hope not.. NT gives me weird rashes in all sorts of places.  I'm trying
to find a way to get rid of the one running the Netscape servers..

>> HP/UX and Solaris.. How many people are running that at home? I run Solaris
>> here, but I'm not running HP/UX and never intend to..  Linux probably has a
>> larger single-user base than those two combined.
>

>| Kenton A. Hoover                  Network Team Manager | shibumi@cisco.com |
>| Engineering Computer Services                          |                   |
>| Cisco Systems, Inc.                                    |   +1.408.526.5249 |
>|===================== http://www.shockwave.com/~shibumi ====================|
>|           Members of the Corps                                             |
>|           All hate the thought of war                                      |
>|           They'd rather kill them off by peaceful means                    |
>|                      -- "Send the Marines", Tom Lehrer                     |

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy" in the body of the message

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998