Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:05:06 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing JBuilder 5 with native JDK1.3.1

Hi,

I'm trying to install JBuilder 5 (downloaded jb5_linux.tar.gz) using
the native JDK 1.3.1 VM. After I've unpacked it, I try a:

    ./per_install.bin LAX_VM /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java

the install appears to start up fine, but bombs when it tries to create
"/lib/temp". Relevant debug logs:

    [...]
    InstallUninstaller size: 566
    CDS: Free Disk Space in bytes == 257968128
    CDS: Required Disk Space in bytes == 107140621
    Setting install umask.
    /bin/sh -c umask 022 = 0
    InstallUninstaller size: 566
    Installer: Exception occurred while installing
    java.lang.Exception: Failed to create installDir /lib/temp
            at com.zerog.ia.installer.GhostDirectory.installSelf([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
            at com.zerog.ia.installer.Action.install([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
            at com.zerog.ia.installer.GhostDirectory.install([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
            at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.install([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
            at ZeroGj0.run([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
    [...]

As far as I can work out, it isn't setting the install directory
correctly, that's why it's attempting to install to "/lib" instead of
"./lib". Any here managed to install this successfully?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>