Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 18:34:33 -0500
From:      Mike Heffner <aheffner@lakefield.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   loading a new kernel

Just the other day i remade my GENERIC kernel, as it was still in 2.2 land
and wouldn't boot with 3.1. i also remade my custom kernel. now when i boot
up i get this:
elf_loadexec:
	/kernel text=0x159eca
	archsw.readin failed

I've read other responses to this problem, but my kernel.GENERIC and
kernel.old also give the same error. can i reinstall a new kernel from the
boot disks, and how? or can i rebuild the boot loader to work with the new
kernel?

Thanks,

Mike Heffner
aheffner@lakefield.net