Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:27:49 +0200
From:      "Markus Hoenicka" <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/102474: linux_base-fc-4_8 appears broken, does not allow to run Linux binaries

Hi,

Boris Samorodov writes:
 > What is the file /usr/lib/libc.so.6? This file shouldn't exist. Remove
 > it and try once more...

Indeed, /usr/lib/libc.so.6 was a stale symlink to /usr/lib/libc.so.5
which does not exist. Don't ask me where this symlink came from. The
timestamp indicates that it may have been from the original 4.x
installation on that box, unless I did something really bad and really
stupid back then.

After removing the symlink, 915resolution works ok. However, the other
failure that I've reported still exists:

yeti# /compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
/compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: not found

/compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 does exist, but /lib/ld-linux.so.2
doesn't. Is that command indeed supposed to work?

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka