Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:59:24 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /var/db/ports/*/options auto-generation

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Pav Lucistnik wrote:

PL> > It's not exactly what I want as I need to repeat Tab-Enter pairs for each of
PL> > OPTIONS contained port.  What I want is generation options file for all the
PL> > ports including defaults (possibly overrided in /etc/make.conf) WITH/WITHOUT
PL> > lines...
PL>
PL> Ok, so what about make -V OPTIONS in the port directory, and some
PL> creative awkery on the output?

It's definitely possible, but it constructs single line of output which is
rather hard to parse (though possible, surely).

What about creating special target such as 'create-options-file' or
'update-options-file' acting depending of existance of /var/db/ports/*/options
and then acting accordingly?

Well, after a little bit of thought I suppose it should be presented to
ports-mgr@ to decide...

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***