Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:29:04 +0000
From:      "Wayne G Boyd" <wayne@jcegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail question

I am trying to get sendmail on a freeBSD box, to deliver mail for a
client who is dialled in on a PPP link. My problem is that at the time
the client is sending the mail, the freeBSD box's only modem is being
used of the dialin, thus it can's dial the internet to do any DNS
stuff, or to talk SMTP to our ISP.

The result is that sendmail hangs for too long, and the mail client
on the other end of the ppp link times out.

How can I get sendmail to queue all mail, and only try to do
dnslookups when it is servicing the queue, not when it is accepting
the message ?

Is there anywhere on the net with easy to read info about sendmail
configuration ?

Thanks for your help,

Wayne.