Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:44:56 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        Rink Springer <rink@springer.cx>
Cc:        "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, mertis@ameritech.net
Subject:   Re: lost root password

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:10:54AM +0100, Rink Springer wrote:
> Easy:
>
> Boot FreeBSD using a kernel and fixit floppy, mount the all filesystems from
> your disk on /mnt (so that'll be /mnt for root, /mnt/usr for /usr etc), and
> chroot /mnt. Then, you can just passwd(1) it.
>
> --Rink

I cannot resist saying I find it very cute that you describe this
as funny (and later on) hilarious.. that's the attitude !
Mmm... just glad for you that there are no users of your system
breathing fire down your neck.
I never forget mine. I write it in huge letters on my office
whiteboard with an arrow saying "TOP SECRET ROOT PASSWORD"
pointing at it :)

Cliff