Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:32:43 -0700
From:      "Francis J. Bruening" <francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question after rebuild of kernel: config of non-existent devices

Hi,

I just did my first "make world" & kernel rebuild. Everything seems
to be working well, but I'm curious about some boot msgs.

dmesg shows

real memory = 128M...
config> di zp0
 no such device ep0
 invalid command.. type ? for help
config> di ze0

this continues on for many devices. Strangely enough (or not
so strangely) they seem to be the devices I commented out of the GENERIC
kernel...

so my question is what do I need to change to stop this behavior?
I reread the handbook (although i admit to bloodshot eyes)what am
I missing?

thanks in advance

Regards,

Francis Bruening